The DOCUMENT LIBRARY

A place for general chit-chat, hanging out, off topic stuff, shooting the breeze, ranting, etc.
Avare

The DOCUMENT LIBRARY

Postby Avare » Wed, 2019-Oct-09, 03:11

Your list of usefull documents is great. A suggested addition is Schultz. It provides great information on perforated panels
This is of particular interest to people wanting to retain high end ambience in a space (and are not terrified of mathematics). It still has some pretty drawings and diagrams. It goes on where Dantonio stops.

I am not certain if you have it so here it is again.

I had the wrong title and corrected it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Soundman2020
Site Admin

Re: The DOCUMENT LIBRARY

Postby Soundman2020 » Wed, 2019-Oct-09, 19:10

Thanks, Andre. That's another good book. One of the things I do like about it, is the many practical examples he gives, and the simple explanations... for those who don't like the math.

- Stuart -

Avare

Postby Avare » Sat, 2019-Oct-12, 15:46

Bert mentioned Olson in the Long thread. It is a fantastic physics text. Sound has not changed in over 70 years.

Thank you for the reminder Bert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Soundman2020
Site Admin

Postby Soundman2020 » Sat, 2019-Oct-12, 15:50

Cool! That's one I didn't have yet. Thanks Andre and Bert! Now I have some fun bedtime reading!

- Stuart -

Avare

Postby Avare » Sat, 2019-Oct-12, 16:49

Glad you enjoy it. Another classic is Acoustics by Beranek. First published in 1954 then reprinted 1996. Not a new edition, REPRINTED!

Soundman2020
Site Admin

Postby Soundman2020 » Sun, 2019-Oct-13, 22:16

Another classic is Acoustics by Beranek.
The one and only! Still a great book, even after all these years. Some things don't change much... And basic acoustic theory is one of those. We might be able to tweak and refine and improve with modern tools, but the basic underlying stuff still holds true, and Beranek is one of the classics for that.

- Stuart -