Where to install baffle boxes

Document your build here: All about your walls, ceilings, doors, windows, HVAC, and (gasp!) floated floors...
Almavague

Postby Almavague » Sat, 2023-Sep-30, 18:07

Hello,

The details of my project are here: https://www.digistar.cl/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1142

I'm building a sound isolated practice room, and I'm afraid I may have painted myself into a corner...

The outer leaf of my 2-leaf system is complete, and I'll be working next on the decoupled inner structure/inner leaf. I intended on building baffle boxes for use with an ERV. But now I've sealed my false ceiling and it will be difficult to put them in the space between my tile roof (porous) and the false ceiling (proper mass boundry that is sealed). (It's a long story, the details aren't particularly important in relation to the question)

Here's my basic question: Where in a 2 leaf system can/should I put baffle boxes? I believe they're supposed to be built outside of, and connected to the outer leaf. Can I put them on the inside of the inner leaf? Can I put them between the two leaves?

Almavague

Postby Almavague » Sat, 2023-Sep-30, 18:14

One related question:
My room is roughly 5m by 6m. As for the inlet and outlet, how far apart do these need to be? Do they need to be at opposite ends of the room? I'm aiming for 75cfm.

1970428scj

Postby 1970428scj » Tue, 2023-Oct-03, 12:04

see my thread " new design" I am installing HVAC now and lots of what your asking is in the thread , its under design heading