Studio Flooring

Start your own studio thread here: Goals, plans, layouts, treatment, speakers, questions, queries, comments...
SoWhat

Studio Flooring

Postby SoWhat » Tue, 2020-Jun-16, 17:03

Greetings,

A question regarding studio flooring:

I might just stick with the concrete floor, but if I wanted to go with laminate wood flooring (for aesthetics mostly), can it be the click-lock type (floating), or does it have to be glued down? Hardwood is just not in the budget, unfortunately.

In a similar vein, has anyone used LVP, particularly the waterproof variety, for their floor?

Looking forward to your responses.

All the best,

Paul

Soundman2020
Site Admin

Studio Flooring

Postby Soundman2020 » Tue, 2020-Jun-16, 17:32

SoWhat wrote:Source of the post I might just stick with the concrete floor, but if I wanted to go with laminate wood flooring (for aesthetics mostly), can it be the click-lock type (floating),
It sure can! No problem with that. Use a good underlay, of course. And do make sure that the concrete is pretty flat and level. Most manufacturers of laminate flooring will tell you how "flat" it should be. Small indentations, cracks and holes are not a problem, but small protrusions are. Worst case: pour down some self-leveling cement and smooth it out properly: that will give you a great surface to lay laminate flooring on.

- Stuart -

SoWhat

Studio Flooring

Postby SoWhat » Tue, 2020-Jun-16, 21:19

Greetings Stuart,

Excellent. Since the concrete will be a brand new pour (if it ever gets done; still waiting to do demo), methinks it should be very smooth indeed. We laid an LVP floor on concrete in our basement bathroom, which was a pretty straightforward DIY except the cutout for the door, which was a bit challenging.

Thanks.

All the best,

Paul